The theme for the 2006 Annual Conference is:
Improving the Human Condition:
Critiquing the Past, Confronting the Future.
We want to emphasize:
- the history of program evaluation
- the impact that CES has made over the past 25 years
- its advocacy role
- the celebration of the anniversaries (National, Journal, PEI Chapter)
- revisit the essence and purpose(s) of evaluation
- examine the difference that evaluation has made in Canada
- reflect on the differences that evaluation can make in the human condition
We are hoping to attract policy makers, practioners, program evaluators and researchers.
Also, we want to highlight the future and bring the students more to the forefront of the conference.
An emphasis on a bilingual program will also be a priority.
We wish to make the conference a challenging environment and above all very interactive. We will work to make sure the conference will be action-oriented.
We want the participants to come celebrate, increase their knowledge and network professionally and socially in the wonderful setting of Charlottetown, the birthplace of Canada. CES Conference 2006 will have a lot to offer in terms of history, learning from the past and moving forward to the future.